IRC meeting for December 2013, there is also 2013-12 Meeting IRC Log.
 Direct access to db/table
In http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-access-directly-to-database-or-table-pages we mention that we support direct access, however how can this work without a token parameter?
Also, there is this ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4057/.
Assuming it worked without a token before 4.0, what will be the fate of this feature?
This used to work in the past and is an useful feature, so it should be brought back to current code. Technical details will be discussed on the mailing list.
 Handling js error reports
Who will take charge of the issues from http://reports.phpmyadmin.net? And maybe we need another state for bugs that have been submitted to SourceForge but not yet fixed.
- There are some issues with reporting to sf.net which should be fixed (see https://github.com/phpmyadmin/error-reporting-server/issues/27).
 Ideas for GSoC 2014
- Can we discuss this idea: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2014_Ideas_List#Structure_tools ?
- Also, what about an input validation module (for Insert/Edit, probably based on jQuery validate or something like that)
- The idea of structure tools sounds useful and good for GSoC.
- We'll probably group input validation with other UI improvements for GSoC.
- Any suggestions should go to the RFE tracker.
 Wiki preparation for GSoC 2014
- Who wants to copy/adjust last year's pages on the wiki, for 2014?
- Dieter will update the wiki.
 GSoC 2014 Admin
- Who wants to be GSoC admin next year?
- Michal will be the admin with Atul and Dieter as a backup.
 Advertisement on wiki
I've agreed to show one sponsor link on wiki and demo server till March 2014 with ooshirts.com. Now when the server will come under phpMyAdmin control, I'd like to ask the project for keeping the link in this period, so that the current agreement can be fulfilled.
Agreed to keep the link there for remaining three months, there will be no sponsors links on the wiki afterward.
 Next releases
Any objection to 4.1.0 final?
When 4.1.0 is published, I suggest we indicate on the Downloads page about 4.0.10 that it's supported only for security fixes, until Jul 1, 2014 for example.
- We can release 4.1.0 soon and mark 4.0.10 as receiving only security fixes.
- Remove links to 3.5.x once support for it ends (end of year).
- We will discuss more generic documentation of obsoleting releases on devel list.
 Testing and documenting browser support
We may maintain a list of browsers that phpMyAdmin gets tested with and for which we are willing to accept and fix interface bugs. This list should include browser names and their versions. Since we have access to BrowserStack, I suggest we support the latest 3 versions of all major browsers.
At the moment, these are:
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11 (sic: IE8 is the latest version that XP users may use)
- Mozilla Firefox 24, 25, 26
- Google Chrome 29, 30, 31
- Opera 12, 15, 18
- Apple Safari 5, 6, 7
- Is anyone willing to test the interface in these browsers?
- Where is (are) the best place(s) to document this?
- Which role do Selemium tests and planned mobile support play?
- And would the tests be done on more than one platform, for multi-platform browsers?
- If this testing happens, on which platform(s) should it be done?
- We can do automated testing in ci.phpmyadmin.net using BrowserStack, Isaac will look into this once we have new server.
 New messages in a bugfix version
Now that Weblate makes the life easier for translators, should we accept bugfixes with new messages?
New messages should be added cautiously, but can be added with bugfixes as having different fixes for master and QA branches would be even worse. We also can expect that they might not be translated for few releases...
 Deprecating the mysql extension
Have a look at
- https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4171/ (poor user with mysql extension)
- http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.mysql.php (mysql extension deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0)
In rte_routines.lib.php we already have a warning about the mysql extension. I suggest that for 4.2.0, we add a stronger message on the main page, suggesting to move to mysqli.
--Lem9 (talk) 18:27, 9 December 2013 (CET)
- In current master (for 4.2.0), Marc will add a stronger message
- For 4.3, we suggest to remove support for the mysql extension
 Next IRL team meeting
Now that Linuxtag 2014 (Berlin, 8-10May2014) is announced, we should start thinking if we will have a IRL team meeting in 2014 and when/where that should be, if budget allows. Or will we postpone (and save money) for a team meeting down under in 2015?
--ruleant (talk) 15:22, 11 December 2013 (CET)
We discussed the subject, with no real decision. It's unclear whether we have the budget for a team meeting in Australia or not. Also, Marc invites the team to look at http://linux.conf.au to see if it could be an interesting conference (would have to be in 2015, as the one in 2014 happens in January). And what is the benefit of Australia, compared to a US or Europe one.
The difficult subject of who earns an invitation will have to be discussed.